Catholic Charities welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition. This office located in the town of Hertford serves the following counties: Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, Martin, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell, Washington.
Catholic Charities understands the importance of an individual becoming “whole” both emotionally, spiritually and physically when going through life’s transitions and challenges. Please contact our office if you have questions about community counseling services.
We provide healthy foods and nutritional awareness to our communities. Families seeking assistance with food will also be screened for other needs which Catholic Charities can either address, or make a referral to a community partner.
Families are invited to browse our selection of donated clothing items to find what fits their needs.
We provide limited emergency financial assistance for rent, utilities, and other emergency needs (based on availability of funding). Applicants need to come to the office and complete an Emergency Assistance Application.
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
Throughout our 5 regions we have volunteers working in the following capacities: filing, reception, working in the food pantry (stocking shelves with food, organizing and implementing logistics for food donations and distribution), entering data, and organizing donated clothes.
Volunteers can also be trained to assist with our Family Support Services program. Some responsibilities include: conducting screening interviews to identify clients’ needs, assisting in the ESL or GED classes, assisting with resume writing, and working in the childcare area.
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the Hertford Office at 252-426-7717.
- Giving the Gift of Joy this Holiday SeasonDecember 20th, 2017The holiday season can be a challenging time for families living in poverty. During this season of joy, many families don’t have the resources to have even a few special gifts for their children under the tree on Christmas morning. Through the generosity of the community, Catholic Charities offices across the Diocese of Raleigh can […] Read more...
- My Experience as an Intern – Liz, BSW CandidateJune 23rd, 2016As a student at East Carolina University, we are assigned our internships as part of the Bachelor of Social Work program. After being assigned to work at Catholic Charities, I began researching what they did and was very excited to see all of the services offered to the community. The interview process was very refreshing; […] Read more...
- New Clothing Closet and Food Pantry Open in Hertford OfficeAugust 11th, 2015The Catholic Charities Regional Office in Hertford is now offering a new service, a Clothing Closet and Food Pantry. Monica Raynor, Albemarle Regional Director, explains why this new service is being provided. “There is a lot of unmet need in the community. Other service providers in the area have limited distribution times for clothing and […] Read more...
- Albemarle School Supply DriveAugust 3rd, 2015The Catholic Charities Albemarle Regional Office in Hertford will be conducting a School Supply Drive this summer. Please see the flyer below for more details. If you have any questions, please contact the Albemarle Office at (252) 426 – 7717. Read more...
- New Office Opens in GreenvilleJuly 23rd, 2015On Wednesday evening, July 22, 2015, Bishop Michael F. Burbidge blessed the new regional office of Catholic Charities for the Tar River Deanery. The new office, in Greenville, will provide much needed new space for staff, volunteers and interns in the region, and benefit clients as well. “I am most grateful to all those who […] Read more...
No current events for this location.