The Newton Grove Regional Office welcomes individuals and families of all faiths or no faith tradition from the following counties: Duplin, Harnett, Johnston, Lenoir, Sampson, and Wayne.
Please see this article about service changes coming to the Catholic Charities Goldsboro Office.
Catholic Charities understands the importance of an individual becoming “whole” both emotionally, spiritually and physically when going through life’s transitions and challenges. Please contact our office if you have questions about community counseling services.
Immediately following Hurricane Matthew, Catholic Charities staff and volunteers began providing assistance to survivors in the Newton Grove Deanery. Over the past 15 months, over 130 families were assisted through the Goldsboro office. At this time, services for Hurricane Matthew survivors from the Goldsboro office are being ended due to budgetary limitations.
Families still seeking assistance in the area should contact Lutheran Services of the Carolinas who are continuing to provide case management assistance. For more information about Lutheran Services of the Carolinas, please visit http://www.lscarolinas.net/disaster-response/lutheran-disaster-response or call (919) 861 – 2886 to set up an appointment to speak with a disaster case manager. The help line has a live operator Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm and a 24/7 voicemail.
After a recent evaluation of programming at the Newton Grove Deanery office in Goldsboro, it was determined that the Catholic Charities food pantry would be ended and resources directed to assisting the community in other ways. Families looking for food pantry and other emergency assistance services are encouraged to contact one of the agencies below.
Abundant Grace Church
Alice Graham New Horizons, Inc.
Area Churches in Action
Blessing of Giving Food Pantry
Volunteers play a very important role in the services that Catholic Charities provide. Volunteers work with poor and vulnerable families of all faith traditions, and quite a few only Speak Spanish.
Throughout our 5 regions we have volunteers working in the following capacities: filing, reception, working in the food pantry (stocking shelves with food, organizing and implementing logistics for food donations and distribution), entering data, and organizing donated clothes.
Volunteers can also be trained to assist with our Family Support Services program. Some responsibilities include: conducting screening interviews to identify clients’ needs, assisting in the ESL or GED classes, assisting with resume writing, and working in the childcare area.
To find out how you can volunteer, please contact the Goldsboro Office at 910-947-0802.
- Cans for Charity raises more than 3OO food items for Catholic CharitiesAugust 5th, 2016It was a balmy evening on Friday, July 29th for the Catholic Charities Cans for Charity event with the Carolina Mudcats. This was the second game of the two part “Pitch in for Charity” series that Catholic Charities organized over the summer. Over one hundred fans came out to watch the Carolina Mudcats take on […] Read more...
- Cans for Charity at Carolina Mudcats GameJuly 19th, 2016On Friday, July 29th, Catholic Charities will be hosting a “Cans for Charity” game with the Carolina Mudcats. Fans who donate three cans of food at the game will receive a $3 discount on the $10 box seat special. Cans that are collected at the game will be distributed among three food pantries which serve […] Read more...
- Catholic Charities Disaster Services Helping a Wayne County FamilyMarch 9th, 2016On Wednesday, February 24th, Ms. Josefina Garcia and her three daughters were at home when severe thunderstorms passed through eastern North Carolina. Ms. Garcia described the experience, “I looked out through the window and everything was dark. My girls were in another room and I ran toward them. We thought the house was going to […] Read more...
- Newton Grove Office BlessingOctober 22nd, 2015Catholic Charities will celebrate the blessing of the Newton Grove Regional Catholic Charities Office in Goldsboro by Bishop Michael F. Burbidge on Monday October 26th at 4:30 p.m. A light reception will follow the event. The Newton Grove Regional office serves the community by providing: services to help families develop economic self-sufficiency; programming to ensure family […] Read more...
- Newton Grove School Supply DriveJune 12th, 2015The Catholic Charities Newton Grove Regional Office in Goldsboro will be conducting a School Supply Drive this summer. Please see the flyer below for more details. If you have any questions, please contact the Newton Grove Office at (919) 947 – 0802. Read more...
- Better Parenting TrainingOct. 5thWere parenting classes recommended to you? Do you have the desire to improve your parenting style? We are here to help you. Read more...
- Pitch in for Charity – Carolina Mudcats GameJul 29Join us for our canned food drive with the Carolina Mudcats! If you have further questions, please contact Gabby Amos, by email or at (919) 821 – 9750. Carolina Mudcats Game Canned Food Drive Game Info: Carolina Mudcats v. Potomac Nationals Date: Friday July 29th Time: 7:00 p.m. Additional Information: Donated cans will result in […] Read more...
- Goldsboro Office Community Blood DriveJune 2ndSchedule your life saving appointment today for the Newton Grove Office Community Blood Drive in Goldsboro on Thursday June 2nd! Read more...
- Better Parenting Training Join us for our group parenting sessions from March 23rd through April 20th! For more information or to make a reservation, please call the office at 919-947-0802. Read more...